Quality weapons will be provided for Smallsword and Mixed Weapons. For participants wanting to use their own training weapons please refer to the guidelines below. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for clarifications
This will be a period appropriate mixed weapons tournament. All weapons will be provided. Safety gear must be appropriate for saber.
Weapons must have blades of no more than 35″ in length. Modern foil guards and French grips may be used. Standard foil and epee blades are acceptable, as are double wide epee blades. Castille smallswords/smarra and blades modified by A&A, Jacob Armoury and Benjamen Arms are acceptable.
Standard No. 2 epee blades mounted on ambidextrous grips will be provided.
All participants *must* have the following to participate in the tournaments:
- Long athletic pants with no bare skin exposed (fencing knickers with long socks are acceptable – kilts and socks are OK too, provided no skin is exposed)
- Non-marking athletic shoes
- Three weapon fencing mask or better with back of the head protection
- Minimum of a 3 weapon fencing jacket (additional torso protection is encouraged)
- Men must wear an athletic cup
- Elbow protection (soft for Smallsword, rigid for Mixed Weapons)
- Knee protection (soft for Smallsword, rigid for Mixed Weapons)
- Shin protection (Mixed Weapons only)
- Forearm guards (Mixed Weapons)
- Gloves for both hands
- Smallsword: light leather gloves
- Mixed Weapons: Heavy hand protection (Lacrosse gloves are the bare minimum)
- Throat guard
A limited number of loaner fencing plastrons, forearm, elbow, throat guards, and LAX gloves will be available.